The New Year is almost upon us, and all the bloggers are looking back on the previous year and its accomplishments. We’re looking back on the last four weeks and noticing that our total views have crossed the 500 mark!
Okay, okay, okay, maybe that’s not a lot to get excited about yet. But it’s a start, and so in thanks we offer you these little treats at a post-Christmas discount. Enjoy!
- Pondering the Prologue: Should you include a prologue in your story or not? Once upon a time it was considered essential, especially for fantasy literature. And now? Read this article for some pointers.
- Can Authors Do it Digitally Themselves?: “It” being “publishing”. No giggling, children! This blog author explores the future possibilities for authors in this digital age.
- Futurology: Can you accurately predict what’s going to happen next? This article can help you learn how!
- 10 Things Science Fiction Promised by 2010: Unfortunately, all the things on this list were failed predictions. But that only means that they still have a place in our science fiction stories in ways that haven’t yet been imagined. Worth a read for detail ideas, but maybe not for the crux of the story.
- 5 Traits of Highly Successful Sci-Fi Authors: Nail these and you’ve made it, right? Maybe not, but some good advice for writing a story that is not just good, but also sells.
- 5 E-book trends: Sorry for all the numbered links. Here’s a counterpoint to the other one about digital media above. Two sides of the same coin worth keeping in mind as you write and seek publication.
- An interview with a Bethlehem Innkeeper: This isn’t biblically accurate at all, but sometimes it helps to stand in a different perspective to appreciate some of the accounts in Scripture we’ve heard a bazzilion times. Yes, it’s a little “late” according to the world, but we’re still in the season of Christmas.
- The Cleveland Browns respond to a complaint: Sometimes people complain about silly things. I’m one of those people at times. However, when someone complains to me, I wish I had the guts to do something like this. (Warning: mild language)
- Portal 2 is coming!: In case, like me, you live under a rock, a release date has been announced.
- The brain continues to mature until the 30’s and 40’s: Meaning, of course, we have an excuse to be immature, since our brains aren’t mature yet.
- Starship Titanic: I’ve not played the game or yet viewed the playthrough, but if it includes talents like Douglas Adams and John Cleese, I’m interested!
- Lightning captured on camera: What does lightning look like when caught by a camera that takes ten million images per second?
- Snowflakes under a microscope: You’ve likely seen pictures of snowflakes under a microscope before. These are nifty, though. I’m not entirely sure what the magnification is; the entire site is in French, so I’m at a loss. Plus, I don’t often speak scientist. I do recognize “mm,” though! For the adventurous, there’s a link at the bottom of the page to cocktails under a microscope, starting with tequila.
- Gingerbread Serenity: Yes, that is the medium-sized transport Serenity all decked out as a holiday treat.