This week’s prompt is a little more involved than most, but I hope it will provide a fun experience and result in something interesting. Go to a populated place – a mall, a restaurant, a park, whatever. Just make sure it’s a place where there are going to be plenty of people, and bring a pen and something to write on. Choose three people. Go for variety. For each person, sketch out a personality and back story. Just guess based on what you see.
Now, imagine something wild happens at that location, something fantastical, impossible. For instance:
- An alien spacecraft descends on the area, and armed creatures pour out
- A giant hole in reality opens and something crosses over
- Everyone but a few select individuals suddenly collapse, unconscious
- A dragon suddenly flies overhead
- The world begins to break apart under your very feet